Go and Do Calendar
* Beaver Superstar - The talent competition at Buena Vista University continues Thursday, Oct. 21, 6 p.m. in Schaller Chapel. Free admission.
* Jazz at Okoboji - Jazz trombone star Wycliffe Gordon presents a concert Friday, October 22, at the Lauridsen Performing Arts Theatre at the Lakes Art Center in Okoboji. Showtime is 8 p.m. Call 712-332-7029 to reserve tickets.
* Kids Halloween Party - October 28, 5-6 p.m. at the Witter Art Gallery in Storm Lake for 6th graders and younger, Open to the public, free. There will be a costume contest, games and refreshments.
* Lewis & Clark Program - The program titled "Journey of the Corps of Discovery" is set for October 28 at 7 p.m. at the Albert City library and is free and open to the public.
Roger Eichelberger of Palmer will share information on the military operation behind the expedition and share facts on the observance of the 200th Anniversary of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Refreshments will be served.
* Artist Reception - Meet local artists and educators Ron Netten and Anita Coon at the Witter Art Gallery, October 30 at 1 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Free of charge.
* Schaller Jaycees Haunted House will be open Friday, October 22 through Sunday, October 24, and again Wednesday, October 27 through Sunday, October 31. Hours are 7:30-10:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, and 7:30 until "whenever" the crowd is gone Friday through Sunday. Admission is $5 per person, with all proceeds going to the Jaycees community projects. The all-new haunted house is located at the former popcorn plant building.
* AMVETS Halloween Party - Sweet Dreams Karaoke featuring DJ Sonny M will perform at the Amvets Halloween Party, Saturday, October 30. There will be a costume contest, and a karaoke contest with sign-up from 7-9 and performances starting at 9 p.m.
* The Laramie Project - The fall drama production at Buena Vista University, a reflection on the death of Matthew Shepherd. $3 for adults at the door, $2 for students and seniors. Anderson Auditorium Nov. 3-6, 8 p.m.