Lakeside Presbyterian Church will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Educational Unit of Lakeside Presbyterian Church on September 19 at 11 a.m. Rev. Robert Ceperley, Maryville, Missouri, will deliver the sermon.
A brunch will be served by Staley's Food Service immediately following the worship service.
The children and youth will participate in the service as part of their "Rally Day".
Rev. Dr. Clarence Richardson will be the featured speaker for the program following the brunch.
Lakeside Presbyterian Church was organized in 1970 with seven members. In 1872 the first Presbyterian Church building was dedicated on the site where St. John's Lutheran Church is located.
When the Congregational Church and Presbyterian Church united they used the Congregational Church on Third and Cayuga.
January 18, 1914 the present church edifice was dedicated. In November of 1952 the congregation approved plans for a new educational building. A finance committee was appointed to conduct a fund- raising campaign for $150,000. April 21, 1953 sealed bids were opened. Construction began in May 1953 and the educational unit was dedicated September 5, 1954. The educational unit represented the faith nd consecrated labors of a whole congregation.
The public is invited to attend this special service, brunch and program.