Close to a half million dollars is planned for the City of Storm Lake's 2001 Street Improvement Project, which will include asphalt and overlay work on six different streets.
The city council authorized Kuehl and Payer to proceed with engineering services for the project at yesterday's council meeting.
Streets affected by this year's improvement project are:
* East Fourth Street from Cayuga to Flindt Drive
* East Tenth Street from Lake Avenue to Seneca Street
* Northwestern Drive from West Fifth Street to West Milwaukee Avenue
* Cayuga Street from East Second Street to Bair Street
* Sunrise Park Road from East Lakeshore Drive to Lakeside City Limits
* Park Court from West Sixth Street to Cul-de-sac
The city allocated $490,000 for construction and engineering costs. Kuehl and Payer will design the project and administer the construction portion at a cost of $43,340.
Read the rest of this article in the 1/16 Pilot Tribune.