The world's largest county fair, The Clay County Fair in Spencer, returns on September 13-19, with an array of big name concerts from Clay Aiken to Brad Paisley, the biggest schedule ever of free entertainment around the grounds including Storm Lake chainsaw artist Jeff Klatt, a huge carnival planned by Mirriam's Midway Shows, and special events ranging from the monster truck nationals to chuckwagon racing.
Monday, Sept. 13 is Veteran's Day, with free admission to those who have served in the armed forces. Tuesday, Sept. 14 and Thursday, Sept. 16 are Senior Days, with $4.50 admission for everyone 65 and older. Wednesday, Sept. 15 is Disability Awareness Day.
Friday, Sept. 17 is Kids Day, with free admission for those under age 18. Saturday, Sept. 18 is Carnival Wristband Day, with free fair admission with advance purchase of a ride wristband. Sunday, Sept. 19 is After 5 Day, with admission $4.50 all day.
* Saturday, Sept. 11 - 7:30 pm - Concert - Clay Aiken, Tickets $29 & $24
* Sunday, Sept. 12 - 7:30 pm - Concert - REO Speedwagon, $24 & $19
* Monday, Sept. 13 - 7:30 pm - Concert - Oak Ridge Boys, $20 & $15
* Tuesday, Sept. 14 and Wed. Sept. 15 - 7:30 pm - Barnes PRCA Rodeo, $10
* Thursday, Sept. 16 - 7:30 pm - Extreme Monster Truck Nationals, $16
* Friday, Sept. 17 - 7:30 pm - Concert - Brad Paisley, $24 & $19
* Saturday, Sept. 18 - 7:30 pm - Concert - Grand Ole Opry American Road Show with Vince Gill, $29 & $24
* Sunday, Sept. 19 - 6 pm - Super National Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull, $12
* Saturday, Sept. 11 - 12 noon - Enduro Car Races, $10
* Sunday, Sept. 12 - 12 noon - Sprint and Street Car Races - $10
* Monday, Sept. 13 and Tuesday, Sept. 14 - 12 noon - Harness Racing, $6
* Wed., Sept. 15 and Thursday, Sept. 16 - 1 pm - Chuckwagon Races, $10
* Friday, Sept. 17 - 12 noon - Extreme Monster Truck Nationals, $16
* Saturday, Sept. 18 - 9 am - Antique Tractor Pull, Free
* Sunday, Sept. 19 - 12 noon - Super National Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull, $12
(Ticket price does not include front gate admission.)
A giant fireworks display will be held every night after the grandstand show.