* Taste of Storm Lake - June 10, 17 and 24. These weekly "block party" gatherings are hosted each Thursday by a new group with food and fun as a fundraiser and a chance for people to get together in an informal social event downtown. Watch for the Farmer's Market to be a part of the fun this year.
* Medical Center GolF TournEY - Wednesday, June 9. The 4th Annual Golf Fundraiser will be held at the Lake Creek Country Club in Storm Lake. A shotgun start will take place at 10 a.m. This will be four-person best shot format. Dinner will be served after play is completed. Door prizes, tournament winner and pin prizes will be awarded at the dinner. Proceeds for the new BVRMC Palliative Care Program.
* LUNCH N' SUCH - The Witter Gallery hosts Lunch N' Such Wednesday, June 9, 11:30-1. The menu is "Outdoor Cooking and Picnic. Musical entertainment by Roger Christiansen. Nominal fee for lunch. For more information, call 732-3400.
* Community Education Prime Time - Saturday, June 10. Senior Citizens event for those "55 and better" at the Middle School that includes many breakout sessions with lunch and a big band dance. Jewell Dierwechter is the keynote speaker. Sign up now at CommUnity Education.
* KICD Tractor Ride - Friday, June 11. The KICD Tractor Ride will pass through the area. Stop and visit at the Cherokee Fairgrounds where the Chamber Ag Business Committee will have a noon lunch.
* Marathon to Marathon - Saturday, June 12. The Marathon to Marathon is an annual relay from Storm Lake to Marathon. The course is 26.2 miles long and is USA Track and Field Certified and Sanctioned. Distances are now eligible for state and national records.
* CHRISTIAN CONCERT - The Sonshine Singers will be presenting the 2004 Summer Music Ministry, "Jesus, The Way, The Truth, and the Life," Sunday, June 13, at 5 p.m. at St. John Lutheran Church, 402 Lake Avenue. The 144 member group from the Fort Dodge region will be singing inspirational contemporary gospel anthems. No admission will be charged. However, a free-will offering will be taken.