Tom Stanton, a promising new candidate for membership, added correct pitch to the singing efforts of the Alta Kiwanis as they worked through the regular opening exercises Tuesday, May 2. His forthcoming membership was applauded and cheered.
The Board of Directors met prior to the meeting and their business became the agenda items for the regular meeting. They were:
1. Children's Miracle Network playhouse is nearing completion and plans were formed for transporting it to the hospital and to the home of the winner of the raffle.
2. The Club spent $35,000 to Kiwanis International Found-ation for the Skip-A-Meal.
3. May 7th is set for the Field Day Lunch. Instead of the Pancake Breakfast each year, the Kiwanis will grill hot dogs, chips, fruit and cookies for the elementary school students track meet.
4. Thank you's came from Kevin Flaherty and Warren Larsen for the club's support of the Annual Wrestling Tournament. Some 130 students participated.
5. Dick Anderson was presented a plaque for his contribution to the Annual Wrestling Tournament.
6. 13 top notch seniors have applied for the Kiwanis Scholarships to be awarded at the Senior Awards Night May 20.
7. Mrs. Boelter's class expressed thanks for the labels, boxtops, and receipts the club furnished.
8. The Blood Bank will be at the high school Wednesday.
9. A nominating committee will be appointed to fill the Vice President's position for next year.
The meeting was adjourned with the Pledge of Allegiance.