DUCKS UNLIMITED BANQUET SATURDAY
* The local Ducks Unlimited Banquet March 20 will bring back a tradition - the puppy auction. It's been three years since a special puppy has been available, this one donated by Dennis Peters of Storm Lake, a chocolate-colored Chesapeake Bay Retriever with American Kennel Club credentials. Tickets for the environmental event are available now. Social hour is 5:30, supper at 6:30 at the Alta Community Building, with rib eye steaks and all the trimmings. Tickets $40 before March 20, includes membership - $5 more at the door. $15 for spouses or Greenwings. There will be games, raffles, door prices, and live and silent auctions. For more details, call Julie Fast at 712-200-1203.
TOOT, CLUNK, BANG & WHISTLE
* The Albert City Friends of the Library present a lunch at the library building Wednesday, March 31 at noon, with a program to follow. Cheryl Crandall of Storm Lake presents "Toot, Clunk, Bang & Whistle," with her collection of about 80 pieces of musical instruments from around the world. She will discuss how they influenced cultures, religion and lives. Reservations are requested by March 30. To make a reservation of for more information, call 712-843-2012. Everyone is welcome!
WILDLIFE ARTIST AT GALLERY
* Arts on Grand will host a display of paintings by Iowa artist Darren Maurer of Sioux City. His exhibit titled "New Works from the Studio of Darren Maurer" will be on display from Tuesday, March 16 through Saturday, April 10. An artist reception will be held on Saturday, March 27 from 1:30 to 3 p.m., with a gallery talk at 2 p.m. Work on display will feature a variety of scenes typical of the Midwest and particularly Northwest Iowa, in addition to some of Maurer's Federal Duck Stamp series. He is the only artist to win back-to-back Iowa Duck Stamp designs in the 33 year history of the Iowa Duck Stamp Contest. Prints of his duck stamp designs will be available for sale during his artist reception.
STEPPERETTES HOST DRILL TEAM NIGHT
* The award winning AC-T dance squad will host its final annual drill team night on Friday, March 26, at 7 p.m. The Stepperettes are coached by Colleen Wabeke and will do several routines, including those they are performing at Disney April 11, in Orlando, FL. "Save The Last Dance," is this year's theme. This is the last time the Stepperettes will perform in their home gym, so come and enjoy the show.
Senior Schoolhouse: WWII
* Historian Lorraine Peterson presents "Storm Lake: World War II Days" on March 26, 10:30 a.m. at the BV County Historical Museum Theatre Room. $5 registration must be paid to CommUnity Education by Tuesday, March 23.