Sermons A La Carte returns to Lakeside Presbyterian Church
The Annual Sermons A La Carte series will be held once again each Wednesday during Lent at Lakeside Presbyterian Church, 110 East 3rd Street in Storm Lake. The theme for this year is "Therefore" and will be the 24th year of Sermons A La Carte which will begin on Ash Wednesday, February 25.
Each Wednesday a different pastor from Storm Lake community will deliver a message related to the theme. All services are held at Lakeside Presbyterian Church. The worship service lasts from 12:05 - 12:30 p.m. with lunch served in the dining room after the service by women and men of the Lakeside Presbyterian Church congregation. The cost for the lunch is $4. An "Express" serving line is available for those who need to return to work by 1 p.m.
The Sermons A La Carte dates, topics and presenters are as follows:
2004 Theme: "Therefore"
Wednesday, February 25 (Ash Wednesday), "Therefore, keep awake, for you do not know when the master of the house will come..."Mark 13:35-36
The Reverend Darrell Schmid, Faith United Assembly of God, Storm Lake
* Wednesday, March 3: "Therefore consider whether the light in you is not darkness" Luke 11:35-36
The Reverend Jamie Cutler, United Methodist Church in Storm Lake
* Wednesday, March 10: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life..." Luke 12:22-23
Father Bruce Lawler, St. Mary's Catholic Church in Storm Lake.
* Wednesday, March 17: "Therefore since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ..." Romans 5:1-2
The Reverend Mark Youngquist, St. Mark Lutheran Church in Storm Lake
* Wednesday, March 24: "Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord..." I Corinthians 15:58
The Reverend Paul Johnston, All Saints Episcopal Church in Storm Lake
* Wednesday, March 31: "Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old passes away, behold, the new has come." II Corinthians 5:17
The Reverend Dave Koehler, Lakeside Presbyterian Church in Storm Lake
* April 9: Community Good Friday Service - "Therefore, looking to Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith..." Hebrews 12:2
The Reverend Tom Hinshaw, First Baptist Church in Storm Lake