[Masthead] Fog/Mist ~ 64°F  
High: 69°F ~ Low: 61°F
Friday, Aug. 28, 2015

Wall Lake man dies in house fire

Thursday, November 6, 2003

Improperly discarded smoking materials near a sofa in the living room caused a fire that killed a man in his home early Tuesday, according to the state Fire Marshal's office.

Emergency crews responding to a call around 5:30 a.m. encountered visible flames coming from the home of Michael Davis.

Firefighters searched the home and found Davis, 50, in a bedroom. Davis was evacuated but he was pronounced dead at the scene after efforts to revive him were not successful.

An autopsy confirmed that the cause of death was smoke inhalation.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: