Several Buena Vista County 4-H members have been honored for their performances in the 2003 Iowa State Fair.
* The Newell Achievers Club earned a participation award in the Share in the Fun competition, with "Tribute to the Troops." The Maple Valley Agriculturists also received participation honors for Share in the Fun project, "Only in America."
* Stephanie Carlson won an Excellence Award for her Educational Presentation, "Too much or too little - how measuring ingredients for food items is important."
* Amy Rehnstrom won a Recognition Award for her Educational Presentation, "How to Care for House Cats."
* Heather Nehring won a Recognition Award for her Educational Presentation, "The Care of Chickens."
* Samantha Quirk won a Merit Award for her Working Exhibit "How Much Fat?"
* Syndi Williams won several ribbons for poultry entries: Poultry Asiatic Hen - Blue; Poultry Asiatic Cockerel - Blue; Poultry Asiatic Pullet - Purple 2nd Asiatic; Poultry Bantams Single Comb Clean Legged Cockerel - Blue; Poultry Bantams Feather Legged Pullet - Purple; Poultry Bantams Rose Comb Clean Legged Pullet - Blue