TLC future uncertain under federal cutsWith the specter of budget cuts from the Trump administration looming in the horizon, many programs, nationally and locally look to be affected. Storm Lake Middle School's Tornado Learning Club...
4-H gearing up for summer programsFor local folks, 4H offers a myriad of opportunities for kids and adults alike, with every summer bringing new ventures and skill builders. For director Nichol Kleespies, and office manager Ellen...
- 2017 set to be last year for dredging (3/28/17)
- 2 abuse cases, 2 very different responses by Iowa lawmakers (3/28/17)
- Vandals continue to hit pipeline (3/28/17)
- Retirement (3/28/17)
- Weapons threat leads to charges in Spirit Lake (3/28/17)
- Sign, sign everywhere a sign (3/28/17)
- Unemployment benefits and revenue hot topics at Capitol Hill (3/28/17)
- Farewell (3/28/17)
- Prairie burns set for area (3/28/17)
- After TrumpCare fails, King returns to push for ACA repeal (3/28/17)
- BVU baseball takes three game weekend series over LutherTUCSON, AZ - Jake Hadaway pitched seven innings, allowing just two unearned runs, and the Buena Vista baseball team scored three runs in the seventh inning tin a thrilling 4-2 victory against Luther College in the Iowa Conference opener for both teams played in Tucson, Arizona, on Friday afternoon...
- Community Education announces sign ups for Beginner Ball and Start Smart Baseball (3/28/17)
- Storm Lake native named NABC Division II Coach of the Year (3/28/17)
- Storm Lakeís Albatross RFC prepares for busy beginning of April (3/28/17)
- BVU alum finds success at Weber State (3/27/17)
- Seaman looks to manage Whitecaps with a sense of community (3/27/17)
- Storm Lake girls track begins season with a strong effort (3/16/17)
Why do Iowans elect King? (3/28/17)As someone born and raised in Storm Lake, I have always been proud of the growth and change that Storm Lake has made since the Ď70ís. I have told folks that Storm Lake is leading Iowa into the future of diversity. Many towns and cities would be better off if they learned from Storm Lakeís experience as to how to rejuvenate themselves. I fully realize that it hasnít always been an easy process...
Readers Respond (3/23/17)I feel scared for mine and othersí lives thinking tomorrow the world will come to an end We are one nation under God for me that means we are all the same even though we are white, black or brown but with your mentality youíre bringing all of us down...
The truth about farming (3/16/17)There is a popular myth out there that todayís modern food production system is being run by corporations or industrialized agriculture. But, the truth is that much of our food is grown and raised on farms by families. Iowa has roughly 88,000 farms and 129,000 farm operators. According to the U.S. Department of Agricultureís 2012 Census of Agriculture, more than 97 percent of Iowa farms are owned by families...
Engagement: Anderson and Miller Engagement (3/23/17)Dan and Brenda Anderson of Storm Lake are pleased to announce the engagement of their son, Cole Anderson, to Rachel Miller, daughter of Curt and Deb Miller of Hampton. The couple plans to be married...
Engagement: Weier and Wetherell Engagement (3/16/17)Dale and Barb Wetherell of Alta are pleased to announce the approaching marriage of their daughter Rebecca Wetherell to Zachary Weier, son of LuCinda and Bob Siekman of Linn Grove and Kevin and...
Engagement: Halder and Huegerich Engagement (3/14/17)Nicole Huegerich and Dylan Halder are engaged to be married! Nicole is the daughter of Larry and Lonnie Huegerich of Fonda and the granddaughter of Dick and Nancy Kolbaum of Varina. Dylan is the son...
AntiquesArt sale 712-730-0246 Parish: Day Break 9X14, 150.00 Violetta 10X12, 50.00 Morning light 4X5 30.00 Two Girls by a Waterfall 9X12 20.00 Garden of Allah 7X14 35.00 Dinky Bird 10X14 45.00 Checking the Tards 10X12 18.00 Fox: Love Paradise 10X14 55.00 FE WEBB: Water Landscape 20.00 (not Framed) Woody Crumbo: Peace Pipe Prayer 8X11 55.00
Garage SalesGarage Estate Sale Fri., April 7-Sun., April 9 Fri. 10-6; Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3 Household, collectibles, dishes, furniture, storage, outdoor tools, lots of misc. 1301 Poplar Lane, Storm Lake
ServicesSTORM LAKE LAWN MOWING SERVICE, Serving Storm Lake & Alta Normally mow as needed. Call for estimate, 749-0713 or 732-7481
Help WantedSeasonal help wanted at Alta Golf & CC. Duties include bartending and some kitchen help. Call Vi at 712-200-4156 for an application.