Holstein native brings love of college atmosphere to UNI presidencyHolstein native Mark Nook will become the 11th president of the University of Northern Iowa on February 1. The university announced the choice Tuesday afternoon. “It’s really a school committed to...
ICCC bond vote falls just shy, another vote possible in 2017A $29.5 million bond issue special election for Iowa Central Community College won approval from a majority of the voters Tuesday, but fell just short of the 60 percent required to pass. “If I told...
- Wassail Music and Merriment (12/8/16)
- UDMO asks county to help elderly with Chores program (12/8/16)
- Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe to be held at St. Mary’s December 12 (12/8/16)
- Hunters use popular program to donate deer meat to Food Bank of Iowa (12/8/16)
- Judge denies Christensen’s new trial bid (12/8/16)
- Immigration: A Make or Break Issue for 2017 (12/8/16)
- OPEC plays Grinch on region’s gas prices (12/8/16)
- King: Obamacare is doomed (12/8/16)
- SL City Council discusses mandatory residential garbage collection (12/8/16)
- Wear in the World (12/8/16)
Treatment of immigrants already bad (11/28/16)There’s been lots of chatter on social media and among pundits, warning that the treatment of immigrant kids and English language learners is going to “get worse” under a Donald Trump presidency. Some people on Twitter are even monitoring incidents in which Latino students in particular have been targeted...
President-elect Trump and a funeral (11/17/16)I felt it was time to put some things into perspective concerning the election of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States. The perspective is my take of those who wish to protest this election. To watch people openly cry and others to wear safety pins on their lapels to show others they are safe to talk to about the election and Trump’s victory is mind numbing. ...
Connie’s popcorn (11/15/16)Passing though Chautauqua Park Drive, I notice the bay dock had been removed for the winter. This caused me to flash back in time to over 60 years ago. For a couple of years that dock was put in by several Storm Lake residents, I believe all business men, including myself. ...
Anniversary: Kermit and Jeanette Grote (11/21/16)The family of Kermit and Jeanette Grote are happy to announce their 50th Wedding Anniversary today. Cards may be sent to their address at 5745 200th Ave., Newell, IA 50568. They request no gifts.
Wedding: Anderson and Smith Wedding Announcement (11/8/16)Ashley Smith and Carsen Anderson were united in marriage on August 6 at Prairie Lakes Church in Cedar Falls. Pastor Gabe Berger officiated. Ashley is the daughter of Randy and Darla Smith of Iowa...
Anniversary: 65th Anniversary (11/3/16)Happy 65th Anniversary to Mervin and Donna Morse. To honor this event, please send cards to 401 Center Lane, Ida Grove, IA 51445.
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: Apple ipad Air 2 9.7" Tablet. Space Grey, 64GB storage, Smart Cover, Case with Smart Cover, Glass screen protector since day one, Original Box, Power adapter with USB chord. Excellent condition, well taken care of. $225 CASH! NO CHECKS! Call Tim at 712-299-0540
ServicesHoliday Mini Session's by KG Photography. No sitting fee up to five people. Six images on CD with copyright. Indoor/Outdoor sessions. Serving Storm Lake, Sioux Falls and Surrounding area.$50 for limited time like us on FaceBook. Please call Kelly (605)450-9916.
AutomobilesFOR SALE: 2008 Pontiac Vibe. Fully loaded. 30 MPG. 296-4446 or 299-6017
Miscellaneous6 factory panned deer hides averaging 8 sq ft each. $175 for all! cash only. (712)200-1263
- A Pilot Special Report: Standing with Standing Rock
- A Storm Lake secret now revealed! (Holding my breath until July 4, 2023)
- SLHS student: Set your goals high
- Volunteers answer new- record need at mobile pantry
- Inside SLES: 14 different native languages, transiency trend, need are challenges for elementary