The State of Youth: BV teen survey: cigarettes more risky than drinking, weedThirteen percent of surveyed youth in Buena Vista County say they have contemplated suicide, and 60 percent said they have struggled with feelings of worthlessness, while relatively small numbers...
SL officers running for veteransStorm Lake Police Officer Gerardo Bravo is one of several members of the Department taking part in the Run Ranger Run program this month. In the program, teams of volunteers attempt to log 565 miles...
- Bar clash leads to seized gun, weapons charges (2/21/18)
- Augustana to perform archaeology study for SL project (2/21/18)
- SL Council backs leadership training event (2/21/18)
- Worthan supports school transportation aid bill (2/21/18)
- Former Lakes speaker still looks for answers, files lawsuit (2/21/18)
- SL library to host first 2018 adult coloring night (2/21/18)
- Mental health important topic for state government (2/21/18)
- Caution advised, lakes see open waters as temps rise (2/21/18)
- Various bills make way through the capitol (2/21/18)
- Survey peeks into health choices of BV youth (2/19/18)
- State Bound: Mustang girls ward off game Spartans for 13th trip to StateAC CITY - The weather may have been cold, the roads icy, but the gym on Monday night was rocking as the Newell-Fonda Mustangs and West Monona Spartans went to battle for 32 minutes with a bid to the 1A State Tournament on the line. The Mustangs led through most of the game and did enough in the final moments to put away the Spartans for good, taking a 66-57 decision to advance to the tournament next week in Des Moines. This marks their 13th appearance in the tournament and first since 2016...
- Ridge View archery sees numerous qualify for State (2/21/18)
- Four Junk Yard Dogs move on to State wrestling tournament (2/21/18)
- Storm Lake girls pick up first regional win since 2010 (2/16/18)
- Tornado boys get muscled by Sioux City East in road loss (2/16/18)
- Rebel girls season comes to a close against Pioneers (2/16/18)
- Ridge View bows out of regional play against IKM-Manning (2/16/18)
Anniversary: Tom and Peg Flanigan (1/24/18)The kids and gradkids of Tom and Peg Flanigan of Lakeside would like to wish them a Happy Anniversary on January 26. They have been married for 45 years.
Anniversary: Melvin and Dorothy Ploeger (1/17/18)Melvin and Dorothy Ploeger will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on Friday, January 26.
Rentals1 Bdr. Apartment For Rent: Great condition, includes stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer. No pets. No Smoking. Downtown, fit for two people Call 299-5968
RentalsApartment for Rent: One bedroom with stove,refrigerator. Available immediately. One person only. No pets. All utilities paid. $550/month. Call 712-732-1061 for application.
RentalsTaking applications for 2 Br. Apt. for rent: Washer/dryer/stove/refrigerator included, all utilities included, $750/month, $1,000 deposit. Call 712-299-5227
Rentals1 Br. Apartment for Rent in Early. $360/month, $360 deposit. No Pets. Call 712-291-1461
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Friday for Dickinson County and 6 other counties in Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Friday for Emmet County and 50 other counties in Iowa
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight CST on Friday for Jackson County, Minnesota and 7 other counties in Minnesota
Latest State & Nation News