The state of wildlifeSpotlight surveys find area deer numbers rising, bobcats moving in If you’ve seen suspicious spotlights shining around the ditches and groves of Buena Vista County of late, rest assured, it isn’t...
Storm Lake Proud in need of volunteersThere is still time to sign up for the first “Storm Lake Proud” campaign, with beautification projects happening around the community next week. To find out about opportunities for groups to be...
SL man charged with repeated sexual abuse of teen girlA Storm Lake man appearing for a probation revocation hearing at the courthouse this week was arrested on allegations of sexually abusing a 14-year-old former Storm Lake resident. Police were...
- SL man charged with kidnapping, sexual abuse of 14-year-old (4/24/19)
- SL curriculum director resigns, Tollefson named COO (4/24/19)
- Over 200 sign-up for Bold Iowa’s Climate Bird Dog campaign (4/24/19)
- Local ag groups promote ethanol at Casey’s (4/24/19)
- ‘A safe place’: Former Compass Pointe therapist finds new home in GACO (4/24/19)
- Walleye season opens May 4 on Iowa’s Great Lakes (4/24/19)
- 2019 Spectacular artists’ alley registration forms now online (4/24/19)
- Fund drive set to return accident victim to Cuba for burial (4/24/19)
- Iowa Senate passes sports betting bill, sends to House (4/24/19)
- A cappella Choir tours Iowa churches (4/24/19)
- Tornado boys remain unbeaten on the pitchSTORM LAKE - The #3 Storm Lake boys kept their undefeated season chugging along on Monday night as they were able to dispatch MOC-Floyd Valley, 2-0. Storm Lake has now surpassed two years since their last regular season loss. Storm Lake senior Jose Martinez netted both goals for the green and white, pushing his season total up to 15, which puts him at sixth overall in the state. ...
Marlys Marshall February 5, 1932 - April 19, 2019Marlys Fay (Miller) Marshall passed away at the age of 87 on April 19, in the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake, surrounded by her family. Funeral services took place Wednesday, April...
Ellen Rasmussen November 11, 1924 - April 19, 2019Ellen A. Rasmussen, age 94, of Newell, died Friday, April 19, at the Newell Good Samaritan Society in Newell. Funeral services took place Tuesday, April 23, at 2 p.m. at the Nain Lutheran Church in...
David Hendrickson August 20, 1939 - February 18, 2019David Willis Hendrickson, age 79, of Early, passed away on Monday, February 18, at Accura Health in Cherokee. David was born on August 20, 1939, in Carroll, to Preston and Margaret (Irwin)...
Anniversary: Lenny and Carol McDonald (4/19/19)Lenny and Carol McDonald of Storm Lake will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on April 26. They were married at DLGC church in Fonda. They will gather with their son and daughter; Todd...
Anniversary: Dewayne and Shirley Stucynski (4/19/19)Dewyne and Shirley Stucynski will be celebrating their 50th anniversary on April 26. They were married at Our Lady of Good Counsel church of Holstein. They have two daughters Joyce and Sheila and six...
Anniversary: Bob and Marleen Otto (4/12/19)Bob and Marleen Otto of Storm Lake are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary on April 12. Their family would like to congratulate them on 60 years together. May God bless you with many more....
Garage SalesHUGE GARAGE SALE! 812 Angier Drive (By the elementary school) Thurs, April 25: 3-7 Friday, April 26: 10-6 Sat, April 27: 10-2 Home Decor, Pictures, Kitchen Items, Tupperware, Toys, DORA, Shopkins, Mega Bloks, Childrens Books, Lincoln Logs, Care Bears, Small Tools. Baby - Adult Clothes! Tons of Miscellaneous!
AnnouncementsEric's Mature Mowing Service, Serving Storm Lake, Alta, & Cherokee if needed. Normally mow as needed. Call for estimate, 712-230-1295.
AnnouncementsSTORM LAKE LAWN MOWING SERVICE, Serving Storm Lake & Alta Normally mow as needed. Call for estimate, 749-0713 or 732-7481
Help WantedHelp Wanted: One or two people needed to clean an office. Mondays and Wednesdays (5-6 hours each day). More hours will be available in a few months. Driver's license and car is necessary. Call 712-732-9994 or call or text 712-299-5071.