Local storm chaser gives presentation for Severe Weather Awareness WeekEighteen-year-old weather enthusiast Kirk Langner of Langner Storm Spotting in Schaller, used his expertise to keep locals informed about severe weather. The presentation, given at the Alta Community...
3 candidates compete for SL superintendentAfter deliberation, the Storm Lake School District Board of Education has decided to move forward with three finalist candidates for the soon-to-be-vacant superintendent position. “Due to the small...
- SL Council asked to help get money out of politics (3/21/18)
- Five file to challenge Steve King, four county candidates so far (3/21/18)
- City seeks grant to build trail (3/21/18)
- Quad County Corn Processors donates to Ida County 4-H (3/21/18)
- Local experts warn Trump’s tariffs may cause trade war (3/21/18)
- Alliant Energy and Trees Forever help local communities save energy (3/21/18)
- Alta-Aurelia Middle School students present musical (3/21/18)
- Newell Public Library announces upcoming events (3/21/18)
- King celebrates HSUS Score of ZERO by sharing family pheasant soup recipe (3/21/18)
- SL to participate in state wide tornado drill (3/21/18)
- GK Storm prepares for big meet this weekendThe GK Storm Gymnastics team is gearing up and working hard in the gym to prepare for the 2018 Iowa Xcel Meet that will take place on March 23-25 in Cedar Rapids. The best gymnasts in the state of Iowa show up to showcase their moves and routines and to take home some well-deserved medals and trophies. ...
- Eddie picks up 400th win on Sunday, Beavers split Monday games (3/21/18)
- Guyett throws no-hitter as BVU softball splits DH against Gustavus Adolphus (3/21/18)
- Bryce Rheault voted IIAC Baseball Position Player of the Week (3/21/18)
- Carlee Guyett named IIAC Female Athlete of the Week (3/21/18)
- Area teams compete at BVU Elite indoor meet (3/19/18)
- Running fuels Sioux Central’s Sylvester to shatter records (3/19/18)
Engagement: Mike Movall and Stevie Reynolds (3/16/18)Keith and Betty Movall of Newell, along with Nancy Movall and Tom Whalen of Yutan, NE are pleased to announce the engagement and upcoming wedding in August, of their son Mike Movall and Stevie...
Engagement: Tim Matasovsky and McKenzie Reece (3/5/18)Harlan and Deb Matasovsky of Storm Lake are pleased to announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their son, Tim Matasovsky to McKenzie Reece, daughter of Chad and Kristine Reece of Forest...
Anniversary: Keith and Jackie Frantum (2/26/18)Keith and Jackie Frantum are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary on March 12. Send them a greeting to 8840 E. Sunland #127 Mesa, AZ 85208.
Help WantedLooking for an opportunity to do something different every day? A family owned farming operation with grain, cattle, and hogs, needs a reliable individual. Position can focus on hogs or cattle with the opportunity to work in all aspects of this large and diversified operation. Experience preferred. Valid drivers license required. Good salary plus many benefits. Call 712-434-5846.
Help WantedSeeking PT Help 15-20 Hour WK $10/hr. Requires computer skills, cataloging, clerical & people skills App letter to Martie Olsen 6111 220th Ave Newell, IA 50568
Help WantedAdministrative Assistant wanted. Computer experience and good communication skills required. Bookkeeping skills a plus. 8 - 12 hours per week, afternoons and some weekends. $10/hr. Send application to 609 Cayuga St., Storm Lake, ATTN: WG Job Search or email to wittergallerySL@gmail.com
Help WantedVollmar Motors, Holstein, has an opening for an auto technician. 2-3 years mechanical diagnosis, problem solving and repair experience preferred. We offer continuous training from General Motors to learn new technical information and techniques. Work in family owned and operated business with health insurance, retirement, disability and PTO. Hourly wage contingent upon experience and skill level. Contact Randy in person or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest State & Nation News