BVU play chosen for Kennedy Center competitionBuena Vista University Theatre’s fall production, “Woman Wonder” is among seven plays selected to compete in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival in Des Moines. Students will perform...
Feast of Our Lady of GuadalupeAn overflow crowd flocked to the St. Mary’s Parish Hall in Storm Lake Tuesday night for a celebration culminating the Our Lady of Guadalupe events at the church. A highlight of the annual event is...
- Developer of SL projects files countersuit in Missouri lawsuit (12/15/17)
- ‘Upland Prairie’ construction slated for next spring, 2nd wind farm a possibility (12/15/17)
- Dakota Access developer, publication argue over lawsuit (12/15/17)
- Comp board pushes for 3% raises, cites heavy BV County workload (12/15/17)
- National testing kit shortage delays chronic wasting disease (12/15/17)
- 2018 session poses threat to Iowa retirees (12/15/17)
- BVU Lakes Center kicks off holiday book drive (12/15/17)
- Spencer fire chief shares ‘13 safety days of Christmas’ (12/15/17)
- Adopt A Family: the generosity overflows (12/15/17)
- City open house thanks departing council members, swears in new electees (12/15/17)
- #7 Newell-Fonda girls pressure defense keys routNEWELL - The Mustang ladies used their various full court pressures to their full potential on Tuesday night as the offense hit timely shots against Emmetsburg. Newell-Fonda pulled away for an 80-51 win to pick up their sixth win of the season. The Mustangs and E-Hawks played it close in the opening frame, the two teams trading baskets back and forth as NF freshman Ella Larsen helped carry the load with 10 points in the quarter. ...
- Storm Lake boys lead from start to finish for fifth win of season (12/15/17)
- Mustang boys pick up second straight win thanks to defense (12/15/17)
- Rebel withstand Panthers’ hot start, take TLC contest 72-37 (12/15/17)
- Tornado girls struggle against #4 Cherokee on the road (12/15/17)
- Sioux Central girls use big first quarter against St. Mary’s for fourth straight win (12/15/17)
- Ridge View girls cannot ward off comeback bid in loss, 47-45 (12/15/17)
MiscellaneousPrints for Sale: Jessie Barnes Distant Lights , 1989, 93/200 AP; Jesse Barnes Afternoon Leisure , 1993, 1924/2400; Dave Barn house Never Too Busy , 263/1500. Call 712-732-2008 for viewing and prices.
Help Wanted4M Family Farmz, Inc. of Marathon, IA needs 1 FT temp worker from 12/1/17 - 10/1/18, 40 hr/wk M-Fri.7-4 @ 13.12/hr to perform intricate maintenance, repair & replacement of mechanical & electrical systems of the aviary hen housing system. Applicant must possess comprehensive knowledge of aviary hen housing systems with 3 mths of exp in repair, maintenance, & replacement of systems that monitor the conditions inside the chicken houses, including temperature, humidity & air quality, feed & water...
Help WantedLEGAL ASSISTANT OPENING Full-time Legal Assistant position open. Job duties: word processing including preparation and filing of legal documents, requesting and tracking medical records and bills as well as reviewing same and much more. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Applicant should have knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, HotDocs and the EDMS filing system. Compensation and benefits depend on experience and skills. If interested, please forward your letter of...
MiscellaneousFor Sale: Inclined bench, good condition $50.00 or best offer in Albert City 712-299-8249 or 712-291-0929 Call Anytime