FESTIVE FINALSA student studies furiously amid the holiday decor at BVU forum, where the trees were decked out in the school colors of blue and gold. Final exams ended Thursday.
CC-E looks to sharing options, including SCAs Clay Central-Everly school board members and officials discussed preliminary data gathered regarding sharing possibilities with Okoboji, Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn, Harris Lake Park, Sioux Central and...
Iowa Central approves new flat-rate tuitionIowa Central Community College Board of Trustees approved a flat-rate tuition and fees amount for full-time students for the 2019-20 school year. In-state students will pay $2850 per semester to take...
- Iowa families seek more action to address rotting hog odor (12/17/18)
- Multicultural youth plugging into 4-H (12/17/18)
- Near the epicenter: Spencer native recounts impact of recent Alaskan earthquake (12/17/18)
- ART SHOW & SALE (12/17/18)
- ROCK THE RAFTERS (12/17/18)
- Alta continues ‘No hungry neighbors’ food drive (12/17/18)
- Library baskets raise $1,400 (12/17/18)
- Improvements coming to Alta and Aurelia (12/17/18)
- Trout coming to Sturchler Pit soon (12/17/18)
- Council hears outside agency requests tonight (12/17/18)
- Storm Lake beats LeMars, first time since ’06STORM LAKE - It was a long time coming on Friday night for the Storm Lake boys basketball team. Not since 2006 had they been able to defeat the LeMars Bulldogs on the hardwood. Their 26 game losing streak to LeMars came to a halt with a 70-63 victory for the fourth Tornado win of the year...
- Tornadoes perform well at first home meet, win twice (12/17/18)
- Storm Lake girls bow to LeMars at home on Friday night (12/17/18)
- Panthers bow in back to back nights (12/17/18)
- St. Mary’s girls spilt a pair of games (12/17/18)
- Damewood’s double-double helps Warrior win (12/17/18)
- Mustang girls rout Cougars to stay perfect (12/17/18)
Joyce Patten June 2, 1930 - December 13, 2018Joyce “Joy” Patten, age 88 of Perry, passed away on Thursday, December 13, at the Rowley Masonic Community in Perry. Funeral services will be held on Monday, December 17, at 12 p.m. at the First...
Phyllis Toiberg November 21, 1933 - December 6, 2018Phyllis Toiberg, age 85, of Storm Lake, formerly of Laurens, died on Thursday, December 6, at the Sunset Knoll Care & Rehab Center in Aurelia. Memorial services were held on Tuesday, December 11, at...
Wayne Robb June 29, 1927 - December 7, 2018Wayne Robb, age 91, of Storm Lake, died on Friday, December 7, at his home in Storm Lake. Private family services will be held. Interment will be in the Buena Vista Memorial Park Cemetery. The...
Wedding: Christine Becker and Adam Girard (12/14/18)Christine Becker and Adam Girard were married at St. Boniface Catholic Church in Westphalia, Iowa. on Saturday, September 29. Christine is the daughter of Steven and Therese Becker of Storm Lake, and...
Anniversary: Gerald and Ruth Richter's anniversary! (11/7/18)Gerald and Ruth Richter of Newell will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary on November 8. Congratulations to them on celebrating 60 years together. May God bless you with many more. Love you,...
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: Matched pair Artic Cat Panther 440 "2-up" snowmobiles in very good condition. Electric start and reverse gear, on a tilt-bed trailer, new batteries, dealer prepped for the season. $3850. Also matched pair Artic Cat snowmobile suits like new, size med and XL, $60 each. 712-297-8380.
Help WantedCafeteria Cook - Server, Overnight Shift. Previous restaurant cooking experience preferred. Paid vacation and holidays. Free Meals and uniform shirts provided. Liberty Food Service Cafeteria at Tyson Poultry Plant, Storm Lake, IA. Apply today at our website: www.libertyfoodservice.com, Start a Career page. Or pick up application at Liberty Food Service office, 1410 N. Michigan St., Storm Lake, IA
MiscellaneousARONIA BERRIES for sale. All natural organic frozen berries, $5/lb. Call 712-299-3290.
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Full time front office position. No evenings, holidays or weekends. Looking for someone with customer service skills and aptitude for bookkeeping. Send resume to Front Office, PO Box 1187, Storm Lake, IA 50588