Comedian ends Ag Outlook on a light noteOn a day typically characterized by heavy farm equipment, market conditions and production practices, the final presentation at the 33rd Annual Northwest Iowa Ag Outlook had producers and...
SL man appeals charges of forcing wife to miscarryA local man has succeeded in his bid to appeal convictions on forcing termination of a pregnancy, but remains convicted of two counts of assault and a charge of tampering with a witness, and will...
- AmeriCorps under fire, The Bridge urges support (2/24/17)
- Wahpeton break-in leads to kidnapping charges (2/24/17)
- Iowans concerned about the integrity of our elections (2/24/17)
- Leibold provides insight to global, local markets (2/24/17)
- ALTA KIWANIS DONATES TO BVRMC ‘CARES FOR KIDS’ (2/24/17)
- City must okay plan for home in central business district (2/24/17)
- $125 season golf passes available (2/24/17)
- Spirits from Above: Archaeology On The Bluffs On The Highway 20 Reconstruction (2/24/17)
- Tune in for Festival 2017 on Iowa Public Television (2/24/17)
- Dennis Wilson and his history of the Orphan Trains program at the AC Library (2/24/17)
- Denied: Newell-Fonda falls after buzzer thanks to free throwsCHEROKEE - There was no time left on the clock on Monday night at Cherokee. #4 Newell-Fonda began to celebrate a 75-74 win over #7 Kingsley-Pierson, but the joy faded as a referee signaled foul on the Mustangs to give KP junior Bri Jensen three chances at the line while the packed gym had eyes on her. The first rimmed off to the right side, the second went in and the third and final free throw found the mark to send the Panthers to the 1A State Tournament and Newell-Fonda back home...
- Solko finishes fifth at State at 152 (2/21/17)
- Storm Lake bows out at LeMars in District semi (2/21/17)
- Sac City location for fall hunting and trapping discussion moves to Sac City Middle School (2/21/17)
- High school girls district basketball opening rounds (2/14/17)
- Alta-Aurelia boys make it 18 straight wins (2/14/17)
- Raptors see a third place and a fourth place finish at Districts (2/14/17)
Readers Respond (2/23/17)Much has transpired in the two weeks since President Trump signed the executive order suspending immigration from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Most recently, on Feb. 3, a federal court in Seattle entered a nationwide injunction banning implementation of the order, meaning the travel ban is, at least temporarily, not being enforced. ...
No common sense in Iowa defunding Planned Parenthood (2/9/17)The Iowa Legislature’s rabid determination to defund Planned Parenthood belies common sense. Here are some facts to consider: #1: NO state or federal dollars are used for abortions. #2: Medicaid (not the State of Iowa) reimburses Planned Parenthood for providing covered family planning services. ...
Take care of home first (2/9/17)At coffee today, my friend Heidi was steaming mad. She works with the public and I want to say is one of the nicest, kindest, women I have ever known. She was visiting with one of her clients she said, and was discussing politics. She shared with the coffee group and said she wished she could tell the world how some of us think, and I say some of us because I am included in her beliefs...
Engagement: Mandi Dreckman and Aaron Schneider (2/6/17)Mandi Dreckman and Aaron Schneider, both of Remsen, announce their engagement. Mandi is daughter of Bill and Karen Steffen, Storm Lake, and the late Chuck Dreckman of Le Mars. Aaron is son of Bruce...
Anniversary: 70th Wedding Anniversary (1/26/17)Jack and Dorothy Mernin celebrated their 70th Wedding Anniversary Monday, January 23. The couple was marring in Sioux City in 1947. When asked how they did it, Dorothy says, “A lot of love, faith,...
RentalsRoom For rent: $250/month included's utilities and full use of house. Great neighborhood. Text or call (406)224-1761
RentalsHouse For Rent in Fostoria: 2 bedroom, 1 bath, next to City park and post office. Appliances included. 2 bonus rooms in basement. New carpet and remodeled bathroom. No Pets. No Smoking. $550/month, $550 deposit. Background check required. (712)262-2868 or (605)212-3072
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Full and Part time CNA’s needed with $1,000 sign on bonus. Apply online at www.good-sam.com/newell or call 712-272-3327 for more information.