Storm Lake Proud: Spring blooms with beautificationPlanning is underway for Storm Lake Proud Week, April 27-May 3. It’s all about taking ownership, says Mike Porsch. An idea was kicking around in his head well before he became the mayor of Storm...
Iowa’s congressional delegation braces for back-to-back floodingIowans have scarcely had time to recover from last year’s river flooding, which inundated towns from Hamburg to Davenport and points in between, but meteorologists are already warning that flooding...
Last suspect in kidnap, robbery case to prisonA St. Louis man original accused of taking part in kidnapping and robbing two Albert City residents of two pounds of marijuana and $3,800 cash has been sentenced to prison for up to 12 years on...
- King on trade, immigrant workers and health care costs (2/26/20)
- County asks Linn Grove to move city limits for bridge replacement funding (2/26/20)
- More than 30 bills make it to the funnel, here are a few (2/26/20)
- Iowa Supreme Court elects Susan Christensen chief justice (2/26/20)
- Three-time Kilimanjaro hiker will address body acceptance at Iowa State (2/26/20)
- A CGI canine yearns to be free in ‘Call of the Wild’ (2/26/20)
- PORK ROYALTY (2/26/20)
- Local, state gas prices begin to inch up (2/26/20)
- Big response for online memorial fund drive for SL student (2/26/20)
- Former area minister gets suspended sentence for sexual exploitation (2/26/20)
- 3rd quarter Dutchmen run downs the SL boys in Substate quarterfinalsORANGE CITY - The Storm Lake boys came into their 3A-Substate 1 quarterfinal game against MOC-Floyd Valley on Monday night with nothing to lose. They were considered the underdogs against the 18 win home squad, and for the first 10 minutes, the green and white had everything going. However, the Dutchmen were able to weather the early Tornado storm, used a key run in the third quarter, and took a 65-50 contest to end Storm Lake’s season...
- Newell-Fonda boys bow to H-LP in 1A District Semi (2/26/20)
- Rebel boys shut down by stiff Comets’ D in District Final (2/26/20)
- 2 Tornadoes honored on Lakes 2nd team (2/26/20)
- Rebel’s Ferguson gets 7th in 1A, SL’s Dreith falls at State Wrestling (2/24/20)
- Top rated Newell-Fonda girls hold Rockets to 18 points (2/24/20)
- Storm Lake boys end regular season with setback against Wildcats (2/24/20)
Frances Bean October 13, 1920 - February 24, 2020Frances Marie Hinde Bean, age 99, of Storm Lake, Iowa, passed away Monday, February 24, at the Methodist Manor Retirement Center in Storm Lake. Funeral services will take place Saturday, February 29,...
David Proczak August 29, 1963 - February 21, 2020David Joseph Proczak, age 56, of Cherokee, Iowa died February 21, at his home in Cherokee. There will be no services at this time. The Fratzke & Jensen Funeral Home in Storm Lake is in charge of the...
Ron Ellefson January 5, 1942 - February 18, 2020Ron Ellefson, age 78, of Storm Lake, died on Tuesday, February 18, at his home in Storm Lake. Funeral services were held on Saturday, February 22, at 1 p.m. at St. Mark Lutheran Church in Storm Lake....
Homes for Rent
House for Rent3 bedroom 1 bath single family house for rent in Sioux Rapids $600/month + $600/deposit Available March 1st (712)732-6228 Leave message, calls returned in order received
Garage SalesFor Sale: International Tractor: $200. Pick up rolls of firewood: $1.25 each. Call 712-420-3016.
80th birthday celebration for Karen PenderCome to St. Marks Lutheran church on Sunday March 8th between 2pm and 4pm for food and fun to celebrate Karen Pender's 80th birthday. If you can't make it you can drop her a note at 111 S. Main Apt. B, Alta, IA 51002. Please no gifts.
Apartments for Rent1 Bedroom Apartment for rent in Early, IA. $425 rent + $425 deposit. No pets. For more information call 712-291-1461.
- Dancing With the Storm Lake Stars to benefit St. Mary’s
- Council ok’s rezoning for new school, Tyson feed mill deal
- A-A’s Peterson sinks 3 late FTs to get first win
- BV County adopts master matrix for confinements, but asks, ‘What if?’
- SL’s Wiegert and Dreith punch their tickets to 3A State Tournament