This girl is going placesDiirge, 3, rides her scooter in the driveway of her family's new home, a project of Habitat for Humanity's. She politely requested more pictures be taken of her during the home dedication on...
Four ICCC students charged in kidnap, robbery at Albert CityFour men have been charged with robbery and kidnapping after a victim was forced at gunpoint to drive two men to Albert City, where the suspects allegedly robbed the victim and another person. The...
Entire BV football team among state volunteer honoreesTwenty-seven Buena Vista University students - and the whole BVU football team - were honored at the 2018 Governor's Volunteer Awards ceremony held this week on the BVU campus. Lt. Gov. Adam Gregg...
- SL native missionary safety escapes Philippines (7/20/18)
- 'Horrible' phone scam targeting immigrants (7/20/18)
- Preschool scholarship for middle-class kids at risk (7/20/18)
- Planning & Zoning Commission amends code amidst continued contention (7/20/18)
- Kitchen 'totaled' by house fire, Fire Chief says (7/20/18)
- Habitat dedication: the American Dream for another family (7/18/18)
- BV Supervisor Arends set to run as an independent (7/18/18)
- Marina deal extension dies in council vote (7/18/18)
- Council passes garbage rules, but can it enforce them? (7/18/18)
- Wages rise, unemployment falls for BV (7/18/18)
- Alta-Aurelia earns first State berth since 2012ORANGE CITY - It was almost a tale of two different games on Tuesday night in the 2A-Substate 1 finals between the Alta-Aurelia Warriors and West Sioux Falcons. The first three innings saw the pitchers combine to allow one hit, the rest of the game was a completely different one, the batters beginning to figure out the pitching. Behind senior Alex Snyder on the mound, the Warriors did a bit more than West Sioux and took a 5-2 victory to claim their first trip to State since the 2012 season...
- No. 1 Knights leave no doubt (7/20/18)
- Twin Lakes Conference softball teams, coach of the year announced (7/20/18)
- Errors harm Mustangs on day one, tons of runs on day two (7/18/18)
- A-A Warriors bow twice in their first State trip (7/18/18)
- Snyder fans 15 in Warrior win (7/13/18)
- Sioux Central Rebels move on after big fifth frame over GT-RA (7/13/18)
Joanne C. BogerJoanne C. Boger, age 87, of Storm Lake, Iowa died on Monday, July 16, 2018 at her home in Storm Lake. Funeral services will be held on Friday, July 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. at the United Methodist...
Nancy StewardNancy Steward, age 58, of Storm Lake, Iowa died Sunday, July 15, 2018 at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Memorial services will take place Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 2:30 p.m....
Patrick J. DahmPatrick J. Dahm, age 70, of Early, Iowa died Saturday, July 14, 2018 at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Memorial services will be held Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at...
Garage SalesYard Sales: 212 West 9th St, Alta Fri, July 27: 4-7 Sat, July 28: 8-6 Very clean & cheap prices & house goods. Plus sized clothes & some men's. $2 Each, .50 T-Shirts
Help WantedNEEDED: Full time Supervisor in our circulation/mailroom department. Full time benefit package and competitive wage. Looking for someone to do : data entry, file reports, work on a deadline, be punctual, ability to lead a small staff. If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in to the office at 310 E Milwaukee, Spencer and fill out an application.
AUTO FOR SALEFOR SALE: 2010 Ford Taurus Limited. Highway miles. Runs, drives and looks great. Car is at Twin Lakes. Please call 712-297-5011.
Help WantedFull time School Social Worker to work in East Sac Community School District Elementary buildings. Responsible for consultation with school staff, students, and families; coordination and referrals with/to other agencies; and providing supportive services. BSW preferred but will consider related degrees. Masters level candidates are encouraged to apply as job could be expanded. Competitive salary and benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.