Next year could be last for dredging, DNR to rebuild ‘Shorty’s Island’The days of dredging on Storm Lake may be numbered. During a meeting of the Lake Improvement Commission Monday, it was announced that only one more year of dredging will be contracted with the city’s...
Heartwarming response to Adopt-a-FamilyIn its first five days, the annual Adopt-A-Family for Christmas program has seen 111 families and individuals adopted, with 23 remaining to be served. The Pilot-Tribune and Upper Des Moines...
- County considers Wanata State Park expansion (12/1/16)
- Hope for Haiti (12/1/16)
- IowaWORKS, NWIAPD offers aid to former Eaton employees (12/1/16)
- Budget for inexpensive gifts and create cherished memories (12/1/16)
- Storm Lake’s Miracle on Lake Avenue parade registration open (12/1/16)
- Eclectic parade of performers on tap for Cherokee Jazz & Blues Festival (12/1/16)
- Alta man wins $30,000 lottery prize (12/1/16)
- Witter Gallery hosts annual Gingerbread House Competition (12/1/16)
- Miss Audrey and The Club House Band return to the Senior Center (12/1/16)
- BV Choir presents their Christmas Concert (12/1/16)
- Storm Lake native takes part in Iowa Central TaekwondoIn October of 2015, Iowa Central Community College began a new sport, a sport that isn’t seen at quite a few colleges no matter the size. They began a taekwondo program. A program that Storm Lake native, Viengdalay Keophanya, became interested in. “They had a sign up sheet and I’d always been interested in it,” he said. “I had done some martial arts when I was 14, but I had no real experience doing this.”...
Treatment of immigrants already bad (11/28/16)There’s been lots of chatter on social media and among pundits, warning that the treatment of immigrant kids and English language learners is going to “get worse” under a Donald Trump presidency. Some people on Twitter are even monitoring incidents in which Latino students in particular have been targeted...
President-elect Trump and a funeral (11/17/16)I felt it was time to put some things into perspective concerning the election of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States. The perspective is my take of those who wish to protest this election. To watch people openly cry and others to wear safety pins on their lapels to show others they are safe to talk to about the election and Trump’s victory is mind numbing. ...
Connie’s popcorn (11/15/16)Passing though Chautauqua Park Drive, I notice the bay dock had been removed for the winter. This caused me to flash back in time to over 60 years ago. For a couple of years that dock was put in by several Storm Lake residents, I believe all business men, including myself. ...
Anniversary: Kermit and Jeanette Grote (11/21/16)The family of Kermit and Jeanette Grote are happy to announce their 50th Wedding Anniversary today. Cards may be sent to their address at 5745 200th Ave., Newell, IA 50568. They request no gifts.
Wedding: Anderson and Smith Wedding Announcement (11/8/16)Ashley Smith and Carsen Anderson were united in marriage on August 6 at Prairie Lakes Church in Cedar Falls. Pastor Gabe Berger officiated. Ashley is the daughter of Randy and Darla Smith of Iowa...
Anniversary: 65th Anniversary (11/3/16)Happy 65th Anniversary to Mervin and Donna Morse. To honor this event, please send cards to 401 Center Lane, Ida Grove, IA 51445.
MiscellaneousANTIQUE MODEL CARS: Priced to sell. (712)657-2257
ServicesHOME MADE PIE'S BY KATHY! PUMPKIN, SWEET POTATO, CREAM AND PECAN!! (712)299-5385
RentalsTwo bedroom apartment for rent. Excellent condition. Stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. 135 Flindt Dr. No pets and no smoking. 712-299-5968.
Help WantedHelp Wanted : Vaughn DeLoss Construction is taking applications for full and part time equipment operating and construction labor. Equipment operating and concrete finishing experience preferred. Truck driving or mechanic experience helpful. Must have a drivers license and be dependable (712)260-1129 EEO
Latest State & Nation News