Bringing the ‘Merry Christmas’ backSanta’s Castle readies for Thanksgiving Day debut with new features, classic traditions Keep your “happy holidays,” Santa’s Castle curator Ron Stevenson says, we’re bringing “Merry Christmas” back....
Supervisor-elect looking forward to new challengesDistrict 2’s new supervisor, Kelly Snyder, says he’s excited to hit the ground running in January for Buena Vista County. The Republican coasted to victory in the county’s only contested seat, in...
SL man arrested in strangling incidentA Storm Lake man has been arrested after he allegedly strangled a female victim into unconsciousness in the early morning hours Sunday. Police were called to a residence on Superior Street, and found...
- Committee concerned over Chautauqua lakefront (11/14/18)
- Alliant proposes new $6-8m facility in SL (11/14/18)
- Supervisors promote County Attorney position to full time (11/14/18)
- Veterans day flags (11/14/18)
- BVU announces new deans and new school of liberal arts (11/14/18)
- Student who collapsed at SLHS game begins new chapter (11/14/18)
- COMING DOWN (11/14/18)
- Spurned SL man attacks with bottle (11/14/18)
- New trucks for SL fire Department (11/14/18)
- Hy-Noon Kiwanis (11/14/18)
- BVU’s Mark Rial has deep enjoyment of wrestlingWrestling is a hotbed in the state of Iowa. Every winter gyms are packed with fans who want to cheer on their children, friends, family or classmates. For new Buena Vista wrestling coach Mark Rial, he was born into a wrestling family and saw it blossom into a way to go to college and eventually a career path...
- Four Tornadoes named to district team (11/12/18)
- Passion for hoops brings success for Lorensen (11/9/18)
- Area football players fill up Class A-District 2 team (11/7/18)
- Three Mustangs named to first team All-District (11/7/18)
- Intramural volleyball champs crowned (11/7/18)
- BVU women look to reload with handful of seniors (11/6/18)
The real Steve King (11/9/18)My parents taught me repeatedly that actions speak much louder than words. I am not prone to writing editorials and have somewhat of an aversion to entering the political arena particularly under the current aggressively Polaroid environment. However I can only stand so much fake news and social injustice...
Farmers Market support (11/9/18)The 2018 Storm Lake Farmers Market season has come to a close. Thank you to everyone who visited and/or shopped at the market this past summer. It was fun to see so many familiar and new faces. We are so grateful for the continued support from the people of Storm Lake and the surrounding area. You are a big part of our success. Stay warm this winter and be looking for the market again next summer at the Courthouse Square...
Maxine L. Dettmann, November 17Maxine L. Dettmann, age 87, of Newell, Iowa passed away on October 27, at the UnityPoint Hospital in Fort Dodge, Iowa. A Celebration of Life will take place Saturday, November 17, from 1 - 3 p.m. at...
Norbert Huseman, November 16Norbert Huseman, age 85, of Galva, Iowa died Saturday, November 10, in Ida Grove, Iowa. Funeral services will be held Friday, November 16, at 10:30 a.m. at St. Johns Lutheran Church in Galva. Burial...
Nels ParrinRitola, November 15Nels ParrinRitola, age 71, of Sioux Rapids, Iowa died November 8, at his home in Sioux Rapids. Memorial services will take place Friday, November 16, at 10:30 a.m. at First Lutheran Church in Sioux...
Household ItemsFOR SALE: Maytag Appliances: Refrigerator $200, Gas range $100, Navy glider/rocker with ottoman $50 (2 available). 712-299-4411 Leave message.
AutomobilesFOR SALE: 2000 Ford Taurus wagon - blue, 165,000 miles, well maintained, fair condition, $1,000. 712-660-1484 (Sac City).
Homes for SaleTwo abandoned, re-possessed mobile homes for sale. $500 each, as is. Both homes need a lot of work. Close to downtown, restaurants and shopping. Please call Doug at 712-732-4914 or 712-299-4288.
Homes for SaleBeautiful 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes for sale starting at $21,900.00. Includes central air conditioning, stove, refrigerator, garbage, mowing and snow removal. Close to downtown, restaurants and shopping. Please call Doug at 712-732-4914 or 712-299-4288.