Human Trafficking Presentations Nov. 5On Nov. 5, Ridge View High School and Boulders Event Center in Holstein will be hosting a series of presentations on Human Trafficking. Human trafficking has been growing across the country in...
City reconsiders on change orderThe Storm Lake City Council has reversed an earlier decision and approved change orders and substantial completion of a sanitary sewer project at 7th and Geneseo. Two weeks earlier, the proposal...
Man pulled over with half a pound of potA Storm Lake man was arrested with over half a pound of marijuana in a vehicle Tuesday night. A police officer pulled a vehicle over for a routine traffic violation on West Milwaukee. After being...
- Child arrested after leading police on a chase (10/19/18)
- Marijuana arrest at St. Mary’s school (10/19/18)
- Patient fights breast cancer - for her kids (10/19/18)
- Area ag experts optimistic on E15 (10/19/18)
- Area schools’ enrollment holding steady (10/19/18)
- Council hears concerns on Methodist Manor area parking (10/19/18)
- Zoning change final for apartments developments (10/19/18)
- Local group: thumbs-up on State pipeline ruling (10/19/18)
- Fear at the fairgrounds (10/19/18)
- Food mixes in a jar (10/19/18)
- High school regional volleyballTornadoes battle until final point of the year DENISON - The green and white hit the road on Wednesday night looking to keep their season alive in 4A-Region 1 contest against Denison-Schleswig. Storm Lake had a rough first set and that snowballed into a three set loss to bring their year to a close...
- Storm Lake bows in final two regular season duals (10/19/18)
- BVU football returns home to face Dubuque (10/19/18)
- Warriors/Rebels tilt highlights final week of regular season (10/17/18)
- Tornadoes win once at own invitational (10/17/18)
- Ridge View archery gets another donation (10/17/18)
- A-A and Sioux Central battle for district title (10/17/18)
Why one county Farm Bureau refuses to endorse Steve King (10/5/18)Iowa Farm Bureau granted Steve King their endorsement. Here’s why my county, the Winnebago Farm Bureau, did not. Ethanol is under attack. The EPA gave out “hardship waivers” to “small” refineries. This undermined the RFS without doing so legislatively. ...
Going to Jamaica - on $35 (10/1/18)an’t stand looking at my Facebook feed any more. Is there ANYBODY I know who isn’t on vacation in some exciting place right now? Oh, but I have a solution for those of us whose travel budget consists of a change jar. What if I told you that you could have the most exotic vacation imaginable, sightseeing in stimulating locales like Jamaica, Holland, Madrid, Delhi, East Peru, Manilla, Rome, the Orient, Berlin, Cairo, Brazil, Columbia, Florence, Denmark, Jordan, Lebanon, Santiago, Yorkshire, Kingston, Moscow - and of course, what journey would be complete without stopping in Key West for a Margarita?. ...
Robert “Bob” JorgensenRobert “Bob” Jorgensen, age 79, of Newell, passed away on Wednesday, October 17, in Oakley, Kansas. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, October 20, at 11 a.m. at Nain Lutheran Church in...
Jay NehringJuly 3, 1967 - October 15, 2018
David MortensenMay 19, 1954 - October 15, 2018
Apartments for RentFOR RENT: 1 Bedroom Apt in Early. $380/month plus $380 deposit. No pets. Please call 712-291-1461 for more information.
RentalsTwo bedroom apartment for rent. Excellent condition. Stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. 135 Flindt Dr. Maximum 2-3 people. No pets and no smoking. 712-299-5968.
Farm EquipmentFOR SALE: Barge 6 and 7x12 wagons, gravity wagons, NI corn pickers. Plows, disks and older farm equip. 712-299-6608 Pomeroy, IA.
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: Used Westfield MK100-61 auger w/ new hopper and Westfield WR100-31 $3800 for both, or make offer. Equipment local to Storm Lake. Call 816-522-7413