Meeting on child care crisis brings employers to the tableBy ELIJAH DECIOUS Pilot-Tribune Staff With a child care crisis on Storm Lake’s hands, it’s going to take a buy-in from all parts of the community to find a solution. Now, the business community has...
Students propose gardens on future park site, to feed needyPlans to develop Russell Street Park in Storm Lake may turn from teeter-totters to food production - at least temporarily. Students from Storm Lake High School have approached city officials about...
Bike trails, dog park in holding pattern for SL committeeThe Storm Lake Mayor’s Committee on Parks, Trails and Urban Forestry met for the first time since July, with three new members, and a familiar agenda - goals the group has discussed since it was...
- Gov. Reynolds appoints Angela Doyle district court judge (11/12/18)
- Daniels honored for cultural advocacy (11/12/18)
- Local experts expect farm bill to move forward after election (11/12/18)
- Humble hero’s cross stands a century later (11/12/18)
- Storm Lake high school students attend leadership conference (11/12/18)
- Prosser to adress National Immigration Forum (11/12/18)
- Christmas Crawl to benefit Santa’s Castle (11/12/18)
- Business leader shares life’s stories with St. Mary’s students (11/12/18)
- Need sparks preschool expansion (11/9/18)
- Schools collaborate on mental wellness approach approaches (11/9/18)
- BVU’s Mark Rial has deep enjoyment of wrestlingWrestling is a hotbed in the state of Iowa. Every winter gyms are packed with fans who want to cheer on their children, friends, family or classmates. For new Buena Vista wrestling coach Mark Rial, he was born into a wrestling family and saw it blossom into a way to go to college and eventually a career path...
- Four Tornadoes named to district team (11/12/18)
- Passion for hoops brings success for Lorensen (11/9/18)
- Area football players fill up Class A-District 2 team (11/7/18)
- Three Mustangs named to first team All-District (11/7/18)
- Intramural volleyball champs crowned (11/7/18)
- BVU women look to reload with handful of seniors (11/6/18)
The real Steve King (11/9/18)My parents taught me repeatedly that actions speak much louder than words. I am not prone to writing editorials and have somewhat of an aversion to entering the political arena particularly under the current aggressively Polaroid environment. However I can only stand so much fake news and social injustice...
Farmers Market support (11/9/18)The 2018 Storm Lake Farmers Market season has come to a close. Thank you to everyone who visited and/or shopped at the market this past summer. It was fun to see so many familiar and new faces. We are so grateful for the continued support from the people of Storm Lake and the surrounding area. You are a big part of our success. Stay warm this winter and be looking for the market again next summer at the Courthouse Square...
Household ItemsFOR SALE: Maytag Appliances: Refrigerator $200, Gas range $100, Navy glider/rocker with ottoman $50 (2 available). 712-299-4411 Leave message.
AutomobilesFOR SALE: 2000 Ford Taurus wagon - blue, 165,000 miles, well maintained, fair condition, $1,000. 712-660-1484 (Sac City).
Homes for SaleTwo abandoned, re-possessed mobile homes for sale. $500 each, as is. Both homes need a lot of work. Close to downtown, restaurants and shopping. Please call Doug at 712-732-4914 or 712-299-4288.
Homes for SaleBeautiful 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes for sale starting at $21,900.00. Includes central air conditioning, stove, refrigerator, garbage, mowing and snow removal. Close to downtown, restaurants and shopping. Please call Doug at 712-732-4914 or 712-299-4288.