Pork slaughter rules: more profit, more risk?The federal government finalized a new rule for most U.S. pork processing plants Tuesday that allows meatpackers to remove limits on the speed of production lines and place more animal inspection and...
3 file for SL City CouncilThree people have filed nomination papers to run for three available Storm Lake City Council in the upcoming election: incumbents Kevin McKinney and Tyson Rice, and first-time candidate Maria Ramos....
SL man found dead in Quik Trip lotA Storm Lake man was found dead in a wheelchair in Des Moines last Friday, his body abandoned in a Quik Trip convenience store parking lot. Police identified the man Wednesday as Darren Jones, 52, of...
- Kamala Harris goes back to McDonald’s for a cause (9/20/19)
- TORNADOES CROWNED (9/20/19)
- Secret donor gives BVU $1 million for scholarships (9/20/19)
- School board gives thanks for vote success, looks to future (9/20/19)
- Iowa scientists warn of ‘sobering extreme heat’ (9/20/19)
- Cherokee hosting PTSD meetings (9/20/19)
- Stoelting Sisters to sing for second lady of the United States (9/20/19)
- ‘The Life of Grenville M. Dodge’ presentation at BV County Museum (9/20/19)
- O’Brien County celebrates space this year (9/20/19)
- GARAGE SALE AT THE MUSEUM (9/20/19)
- Storm Lake hosts cross country invite, Ridge View competesSTORM LAKE - Numerous cross country teams went to Sunrise Pointe on Tuesday night and battled the heat and humidity for the Storm Lake Invitational. The green and white boys finished in seventh place and the girls were 13th. Also competing was Ridge View as their boys finished 14th and the girls 11th...
- Storm Lake swimmers take a pair of duals (9/20/19)
- Mustangs and Rebels compete in triangular meet (9/20/19)
- BVU football welcomes in Neb. Wesleyan for Homecoming game (9/20/19)
- Warriors drop three set contest to Raiders (9/20/19)
- Week 4 sees Tornado homecoming, other key non-district tilts (9/18/19)
- Shorthanded Tornado swimmers compete on Saturday (9/18/19)
Anniversary: Ron and Jerene (Meseck) Neir (9/6/19)The children of Ron and Jerene (Meseck) Neir happily announce their parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. Ron and Jerene were married on September 6, 1969 in Charter Oak. They have been blessed with two...
Anniversary: Butch and Bonnie Engel. (8/23/19)Happy 50th anniversary to Butch and Bonnie Engel. Your families love you.
Anniversary: James and Sydney (Schramm) Barber (8/16/19)The children of James and Sydney (Schramm) Barber happily announce their parents’ 50th wedding anniversary. Jim and Syd were married on August 16, 1969 at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, rural Odebolt....
Help WantedTree trimmer opening. $16/hr. Call Jerry's Tree Service. 712-229-3936.
Pets for SaleRegistered German Shepherd puppies, all shots, pedigree included. $400. Ready to go, males and females. 712-660-6266.
Garage SalesGarage/ Moving Sale: 1311 Lochedem Dr. Storm Lake. Saturday, Sept. 21 9-1. Chest of drawers book cases, single bed, recliner, floor lamp, tools, kit appliances, lawn furniture, law implements, books, puzzles, etc. Cash and carry.
Garage SalesGarage Sale: 667 580th St. Alta 1 1/4 mile East of Alta Community Center on Highway 580th. Thursday, Sept. 19 8-7. Friday, Sept. 20 8-7 Saturday, Sept. 21 8-?? Household items, seasonal items, assortment of clothing, electric heater, lamps, antique chair, Tonka Truck; metal. Horse equipment, show saddle, pictures, camping chairs, and wedding stuff.