Bethel Baptist to host Operation Arctic in JuneBethel Baptist Church in Newell will host Operation Arctic VBS June 5-9 from 9-11:30 a.m. for 4 years old - 6th Grade. Please register by calling 272-3735 or www.bethelnewell.org/vbs-2017
Retirement open house set for PatrickA retirement open house will be held for Storm Lake City Manager Jim Patrick, Thursday, May 18, 3-5 p.m. at the Council Chambers at City Hall, 620 Erie Street. Everyone is welcome. Patrick has...
- First United Methodist Church celebrates 50 years (5/17/17)
- St. Mary’s middle schoolers enjoy Buenafication Day (5/17/17)
- Sievers farm to host Soil Health Day in June (5/17/17)
- Mayor’s committee hopes to eliminate parks vandalism, trees plan must wait (5/17/17)
- Reynolds says she’s decided on whether to choose No. 2 (5/17/17)
- Storm Lake native chosen for prestigious art exhibit in Colorado (5/17/17)
- BVU dialogue: LGBTQ rights with a side of coffee (5/15/17)
- Rasmussen's supporters shave as young SL native battles rare illness (5/15/17)
- A Pilot Special Report: After the ADDICTION (5/15/17)
- Watercraft rental talks stall over insurance (5/15/17)
- High school golfAlta-Aurelia ladies best the St. Mary’s girls STORM LAKE - Thursday night saw the Warriors get the better of the Panthers on the links, 199 to 225. Warrior Annika Patton earned the medalist spot with a score of 40 on the par 36 course. Teammate Erin Lockin earned the runner up status with a score of 49. Cassidy Boom shot a 54 for A-A, Laney Stanton 56, Addie Cosgrove 56 and Morgan Wilson 60...
BV Supervisor responds to ‘Times’ editorials (4/25/17)In response to the latest editorial in the Storm Lake Times newspaper: I had a hard time plunking down a dollar to purchase the latest rant on the Buena Vista County Supervisors (Wed. 4-19). I remembered the tag line at the bottom. (“Ye shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” - John 8:32). ...
Engagement: Cole Magnussen and Ashley Buell (5/17/17)Tim and Vicki Buell of Galva announce the upcoming wedding of their daughter Ashley to Cole Magnussen of Newell. Ashley is a 2010 graduate of Galva-Holstein High School, a 2012 graduate of ICCC with...
Engagement: Joshua Hendricks and Jamie Wright (5/15/17)Brent and Debra Hendricks of Storm Lake announce the engagement of their son Joshua, to Jamie Wright, daughter of Gregg and Elizabeth Wright of Bettendorf. Joshua is a 1997 graduate of Storm Lake...
Anniversary: Bob and Patty Payer (5/2/17)Bob and Patty Payer will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on May 13th.
Garage SalesHuge, Multi-Family Annual Garage Sale: Something for everyone including 2013 F250 Platinum wheels, 5th wheel hitch, antique dresser, accent furniture, tvs, printer, exterior doors, dishes and kitchenware, men's, women's, and girl's clothing, shoes, jewelry, picture frames and home decor, toys, and much more! Rain or shine, all inside! Friday May 26th 6pm-8pm Saturday May 27th 7:30am-2pm Automotive Service Center, north shop, 403 West 7th st, Storm lake
Garage SalesGarage Sale: John Deere pedal tractor, toys, name brand clothes, lots of womens nice work clothes, bedding, home decor- misc, kids bikes. Thursday May 25th 5-8pm Friday May 26th 5-9pm 104 Bass Bel-Air Beach Storm Lake
MiscellaneousFor Sale: 8 jet skis: 4 Yamaha at $900 each; 90,91,92,94. 2 are 3 passenger with reverse. Also, 2005, 2006 Yamaha 4-stroke $4,000 each. 2- 97 Sea Doos $1,600 each. All run great and in excellent condition. Located 1/4 mile west of Parks Marina on East Lake. Call Bob, (515)491-9818.
Garage SalesGarage Sale: Thursday May 25th 11am-5pm 24 Peterson Drive, Storm Lake Dining table & chairs, china hutch, dishwasher, misc kitchen, girls 8-12 & boys 10-12 clothing, Mens and women clothes.