SL Police Chief, State Rep. weigh in on gun control debateThere is room in the heated gun control debate for compromise, says Storm Lake Public Safety Director Mark Prosser, but local state legislator Gary Worthan worries that giving up any gun rights would...
A CUT ABOVESunset Park in Storm Lake was buzzing over the weekend - literally - as some of the premier chainsaw artists from around the country created their work in the annual Wood, Wine & Blues festival. The...
Area missionary team builds church in UgandaA GoServ Global mission team built a church in Uganda out of a Sukup Manufacturing steel building that will serve refugee children at the New Hope Children’s Home and the entire community. A GoServ...
- Storm Lake FFA Chapter
- Clay County Cattlemen raise $5,200 for Nebraska flood victims
- Hy-Vee warns of security problem with credit card readers
- CC-E board ponders future of high school building
- New crew for SL schools
- City calls for voluntary water conservation
- Monarchs on the Move
- Stories in Stone at cemetery
- Back-to-School Health Check List
- Countdown to Sac County Quilt-A-Fair
- BVU’s Promes takes over Panther volleyball sidelineThere is a new head volleyball coach for the St. Mary’s Panthers this season as Marissa Promes will take over the duties after the departure of former coach, Beth Bjorkgren. Promes, a Jefferson native, has seen coaching flow in her family’s veins. How she got the coaching gig was pretty simple...
- ALL-STATE ALL STAR
- Wartburg football tops A-R-C preseason coaches poll
- BVU football has clear message for 2019: Finish games (8/14/19)
- BVU women’s soccer picked ninth in A-R-C preseason poll (8/14/19)
- BVU fall kickoff set for August 27 (8/14/19)
- A-A’s Kraemer leaves behind a legacy on the softball field (8/12/19)
Phyllis GalbraithApril 6, 1930 - August 11, 2019
Marjorie Miller January 21, 1917 - August 5, 2019Marjorie M. Berkler Miller, age 102, of Storm Lake, and a former Sac County resident died August 5, at Methodist Manor Retirement Community in Storm Lake. Funeral services were held on Friday, August...
Otis Hansen July 28, 1930 - August 6, 2019Otis J. Hansen, age 89, of Newell, died on Tuesday, August 6, at Loring Hospital in Sac City. Celebration of Life will be held on Sunday, August 18, from 2 - 3:30 p.m. at St. John Lutheran Church in...
Garage SalesGarage Sale: 502 N Fulton, Newell Saturday 8-3 Sunday 10-2 Cleaning out the house! Lots of miscellaneous!
Garage SalesEstate/ Garage Sale: 316 West Railroad (Seiler P&H) Friday, August 23, Noon-6pm. Saturday, August 24, 8 am-1pm. Old trunks and magazines, canning jars, costume clothes, suitcases, furniture, kitchen cookware and dishes, corning ware, pictures and frames, books, radial arm saw, tools, milk separator, many neat old items that you have to come see.
Garage SalesGarage Sale: Olive Branch, 111 Main St, Alta IA. Everything 10 cents sale. Wednesday; 21st, Friday; 23rd 12-3. Saturday; 24th 10-1.
Help WantedMasonry and concrete work, can also do tile, brick and block. Know all phases of construction, including drywall. Also handyman work. Contact Gary at 712-229-6548.