Design approved for $19.4M Early ElementaryPlans for the new Early Elementary School took a step forward, as the Storm Lake Board of Education approved the architect’s design and prepared to put the project out to bid. The project is on pace...
Glacial Byway audio trail to open this springThe Glacial Trail Scenic Byway’s ancient scenery is about to get a modern upgrade. An “audio interpretive trail” is being prepared, and is expected to be installed and unveiled in March or April....
SLHS to launch first ‘May Term’ exploratory learning aims to ignite passion“What would it take to look at learning differently?” That was the question that motivated some members of the Storm Lake High School staff to begin exploring an opportunity for passion learning in...
- Adjutant general: Iowa Guard looking at biggest deployment in a decade (1/20/20)
- Master Gardener winter webcasts to be offered in Cherokee (1/20/20)
- BVU Honors Institute Innovation Fellows eye global work experiences (1/20/20)
- What’s Up – Focus on Planets (1/20/20)
- ‘Take a Closer Look’ at nature (1/20/20)
- Playmaking, broadcasting, spellcasting, oh my (1/20/20)
- Get Hyped! (1/20/20)
- Naig on USMCA: ‘A milestone for Iowa agreculture’ (1/20/20)
- SL elementary to pioneer dual language education (1/17/20)
- #beabetterhuman - Police issue a kindness challenge to children (1/17/20)
- BVU’s Jeffries is the newest 1000 point club memberThe day of January 8, 2020 will live forever in the annals of history for the Buena Vista men’s basketball team. That was the day that the 31st member of their 1000 point club joined as Timothy Jeffries crossed that mark while helping his team comeback against Loras for a win that night...
- BVU/SLU working to bring back Winterfest fun (1/17/20)
- Storm Lake girls squeak past Ridge View for first win (1/15/20)
- Tornado boys use strong second half against Raptors (1/15/20)
- Panthers and Warriors split a basketball doubleheader (1/15/20)
- N-F’s Jungers wins NFHS Central COTY (1/15/20)
- Storm Lake swimmers drop a pair of duals (1/15/20)
Francis Carlson April 28, 1936 - January 14, 2019Francis “Fran” H. Carlson, age 83, of Alta, died Tuesday, January 14, at the Buena Vista Regional Medical Center in Storm Lake. Funeral services were Saturday, January 18, at 10:30 a.m. at the United...
Viola AllenMay 24, 1923 - January 15, 2020
Velma AuenApril 21, 1925 - January 12, 2020
MiscellaneousPickup Loads firewood - split, delivered, and sacked. $125 per load. Call 712-420-3016.
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: Sears 8 inch,3 speed model bench press in Odebolt. Excellent condition. $50. Call 515-864-8649.
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: Inter nation H Tractor w/ loader - not running. $200. Call 712-420-3016.
Apartments for RentFree Utilities- 1 Bdrm Apt $475 Located Sac City, IA Pets OK. 712-660-7821 or 866-740-455