Chilling at the FairBoth a young competitor and her show animal seem to enjoy the refreshing spray of the wash-down booth during a warm day at the Buena Vista County Fair.
City tests Scout Park for potential rec centerA soil testing company gathered samples late last week in Scout Park, a first step toward a proposed project to build a new joint university-community recreation center that would be located on a...
Iowa neglects to adopt stricter federal beach recommendationsThe Iowa Department of Natural Resources does not plan to adopt more stringent beach water quality standards despite objections from at least one critic in the Iowa Great Lakes. Iowa Lakeside...
- County seeks feds’ help for Linn Grove Dam, park repair
- Area native runs with the bulls
- Vacant home illegally occupied by former tenant
- WIN ME!
- Senior Housing Summer Picnic
- State Historical Society of Iowa’s mobile museum to visit Cherokee
- Walking 3,000 miles for veterans
- Jaci receives 3rd infusion
- Mural project under consideration in Chautauqua Park
- Apartments development waits on credits
- A-A baseball drops finale, wins District openerALTA - The Alta-Aurelia Warriors held their regular season finale on Thursday night against the Spencer Tigers and came away licking their wounds in a 9-4 setback. Spencer got fired up early with three runs in the top of the third to take the early lead. ...
- Mustangs bow in finale, best Wolves in District play
- Rebels best the Panthers to end their season
- Ridge View’s season ends in District play
- Strong first two innings propel Warrior softball to win
- Newell-Fonda softball picks up 7 run win to move on in Regionals
- Raptor softball blanks Ar-We-Va in regional semis
Help WantedMasonry and concrete work, can also do tile, brick and block. Know all phases of construction, including drywall. Also handyman work. Contact Gary at 712-229-6548.
Garage SalesMoving Sale: 539 Geisinger Rd Storm Lake, IA. 50588 Friday: July 19th. Saturday: July 20th. 9 am- 5 pm. Mini fridge, China, furniture and much more. Cash only!
Help WantedHelp Wanted: Front counter clerk positions. Hours to be 7am-1pm, M-F, and every other Saturday. Apply in person at: Julius Cleaners 825 Grand Ave Storm Lake, IA.
Help WantedNOW HIRING Unlimited Custom Carpentry is looking for experienced carpenters and laborers. Pay depending upon experience. No traveling, only in Storm Lake and Cherokee. Please call Chris at 719-648-8818.